Saturday, March 28, 2009

Introducing Charlotte Jessica!

The baby decided to join us a little early! I went into labor around 2 am on Thursday (March 26) - I actually thought that the discomfort I was feeling was due to dinner the night before. I went in for my 39 week appointment and they confirmed that I had started to dilate and that I was indeed feeling early contractions! We went to the hospital later that afternoon but were sent home and came back early Friday morning because things were moving so slowly. After Pitocin and an epidural...and 36 hours of labor...I still wasn't progressing so the doctor decided to do a c-section delivery.

Charlotte Jessica joined us at 6:38 pm on March 27, 2009.
She weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces and was 21.5 inches - much bigger than we thought!!

We'll be posting pictures over the next few days :)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

What? No pictures? Why do you keep torturing me?!?!?